What is it?
PM² is a project management methodology developed by the European Commission. Its purpose is to enable project managers (PMs) to deliver solutions and benefits to their organisations by effectively managing the entire lifecycle of their projects. PM² has been created with the needs of European Union Institutions and projects in mind, but is transferrable to projects in any organisation.
PM² is a light and easy-to-implement methodology that project teams can tailor to their specific needs. PM² is fully supported by a comprehensive training programme and active community.
- PM² provides
- a project governance structure
- process guidelines
- artefact templates
- guidelines for using the artefacts
- a set of effective mindsets
- 2022PM² incorporated in European multilingual classification of Skills, Competences and Occupations (ESCO).
- 2021Release of the PM² Methodology Guide V3.0.1
- 2021PM² as a solution of the European Interoperability Framework Toolbox for the European Public Services
- 2018Release of the PM² Methodology Guide V3.0.0
- 2018Open PM² Conference
- 2018Release of the PM² Methodology Guide - Open Edition
- 2015Release of the PM² Methodology Guide V.2.5
- 2015Release of the updated PM² Training and Certification Programme
- 2013Release of the PM² Methodology V.2 and the PM² Guide, 2nd Edition
- 2013Release of the PM² Guide, 1st Edition